Tuesday, 19 June 2012

I won an award!

A huge thanks to one of my lovely blog followers, P.C. Zick who has awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award today, you can find out more about the award here.

As part of it I have to tell the person who nominated me seven things about myself and nominate other blogs for the award, it's supposed to be 15 but I'm not that good at keeping up with lots of blogs so my list is a bit shorter than that, but here it is and they are all really great blogs:


I told you it was short! 

Now, seven things about me:

  • In the past 14 years I have lived in 9 different towns/cities (two of them twice) in two different countries and our friends call me and my husband, John, "urban gypsies"
  • We are just about to move again - from London to North Devon (had enough of the expensive, crowded and grimy city life)
  • I really like baking cakes (especially carrot cakes and ginger cakes, num nums) but hardly ever get enough time to do it
  • I have a ginger and white cat called Rusty
  • I've always wanted a dog but never had one, yet
  • I climbed a mountain - Mount Lodestone in New Zealand
  • One day I plan on learning to play the piano  

That's it. Now I'd like you all like to tell me seven things about yourselves as I'd love to know, because I'm really very nosy! 

7 comments:

  1. Yay, A, and thank you very much for the nomination too. Love being Versatile. Love the love of ginger. Ginger ale is a favorite, and a much better way of saying red. I've met a dog named Ginger. good luck with the piano too! J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination hot stuff! I've always wanted a ginger cat called RED xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Amanda,

    Thanks for the award. I too like baking and don't get to do a lot of it. Enjoy the move. I suspect the air will be better for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome - I discovered your blog in the A-Z Challenge and really enjoyed learning more about Jamaica.

      Delete
  4. You certainly are a gypsy! And how about sharing a recipe for one of your cakes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to bake a ginger cake on Tuesday to take to my writing class on Wednesday night so I'll post up the recipe for that along with a picture too!

      Delete
  5. Hi Amanda .. sounds like a dog might be on the cards with the move to the country - not surprised you're getting out of the grime and rush of London .. hope all goes well.

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete